Wilbraham History  The Old Meeting House Museum
      
                                    a.k.a.
The Atheneum Society of Wilbraham 

Welcome About Us Museum Complex Visiting Us

What's New

Local History

Get Involved

Photo Gallery

Education

For the Board

Gift Shop

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Museum Histories

Provenance of Old Meeting House

Hearse and Hearse House History


Collections

Glover-Baldwin Mushroom Arm Chair

View photos of a sample of our collections



The Hearse and Hearse House

Hearse Acquisition
Several years ago, the Atheneum Society of Wilbraham acquired this circa 1870ís horse drawn hearse.  It is believed to have been manufactured by the Brownell Company of New Bedford, Massachusetts and it was shipped to the mid-West where it was in service in rural areas with many sandy-dirt roads. We believe that it was in service from about 1870 until about mid-1920ís when motorized hearses became available.
Read more

 


The Old Meeting House
 


Museum Structures / Hearse Dedication

450 Main Street ~ Wilbraham, MA 01095 ~ 413.596.4097

 

All photos on wilbrahamatheneum.org are copyrighted.